Replacement Batteries For Aerial Lifts
When working on a job site, it is necessary for equipment operators to get the most battery life out of your scissor lifts. High-quality Deep Cycle batteries can provide you with years of reliable, cost-efficient power. Choosing the right batteries and properly maintaining them is crucial to get the most out of your lift.
Picking the Correct Battery
When selecting a replacement battery, it is important to refer to the lift manufacturer’s specifications. Most lifts use either 6V or 12V batteries, but not all batteries are able to supply sufficient power for every lift. The size of the lift, its lift capacity, and the lift’s intended application help determine its power requirements.
- JLG’s ES Series and R Series scissor lifts utilize a 24V system requiring four 6V batteries with a minimum rating of 220 amp-hours. Batteries like the U.S. Battery US 2000 XC2 or US 2200 XC2 are ideal for these power requirements.
- While the JLG LE Series scissor lifts are a 48V system and require eight 6V batteries with a minimum rating of 370 amp-hours. Making our US L16 XC2 the perfect fit for this series of lifts.
Maintaining Your Deep Cycle Batteries
Committing to a regular maintenance regimen is essential to increasing your lift’s battery life. Regularly doing the following can also greatly reduce your operating costs:
- Checking and replenishing the electrolyte levels. Installing a BWT or Flow-Rite single-point-watering kit can make this an easy and quick process.
- Performing an equalization charge
- Checking and Cleaning battery terminals and connections
- Performing an opportunity charge when/if possible
U.S. Battery Deep Cycle batteries are handcrafted in the U.S.A. The batteries also feature our exclusive XC2 formulation that gives them the highest initial capacity, fastest cycle-up time to full-rated capacity, improved rechargeability, and the highest total energy delivered than any battery in their class.
Do you have a Skyjack, Snorkel, Genie, or another type of aerial lift and want to know what U.S. Battery product would work best for you? Then please leave a comment below.